Kawartha Candy Cane Ice Cream Cake
What you’ll need:
- 1 tub Kawartha Candy Cane ice cream
1 tub Kawartha Vanilla ice cream
1 package chocolate wafers
2-3 candy canes
Smucker’s Magic Shell chocolate shell topping
Spring form pan (cheesecake pan)
- Take Vanilla ice cream out of the freezer for about 10 minutes to soften. Don’t let it get too soft, just soft enough to enable scooping. Don’t over soften the ice cream.
- While waiting, crush the chocolate wafers in a Ziploc bag. Crush candy canes the same way in another Ziploc bag.
- Grease inside of pan with a thin coating of cooking spray, butter or margarine.
- Make a layer of chocolate wafer crumbs on the bottom of the pan.
- When the Vanilla ice cream is soft enough, make a half inch layer on the bottom of the pan, top with crushed chocolate wafers and candy cane bits. Return to freezer for half an hour.
- Top with another similar sized layer of vanilla ice cream, top with more chocolate wafers and candy cane bits.
- Put in freezer to harden for half an hour.
- Take Candy Cane ice cream out of freezer to soften. Be careful, it will soften faster than the Vanilla.
- Finish the ice cream portion of the cake with a thick layer of Candy Cane ice cream.
- Return to freezer to harden.
- When you are ready to serve the cake, remove from the pan and sprinkle the top with crushed chocolate wafers and the crushed candy canes.
- Drizzle with the chocolate shell topping.
- Time to enjoy!